It’s that time of year again.
The days are drawing in, the home heating comes back on and the dreaded return of the sniffles and sneezes, winter is coming.
We now know more than ever that the health of you and your family are always top priority. That’s why if you are concerned about the flu virus, coronavirus or any other health concerns, our pharmacists are always here to help.
At Pharmacy Locale, we have everything you need to keep the prevent and protect you and your loved ones this winter.
If you’re not sure or can’t find what your looking for, our pharmacists are always available to help and give you the best advice.
We are also offering the winter flu vaccination service at our pharmacies as well as up-to-date information and guidance on covid-19.
When it comes to health for you and your family, your Pharmacy Locale are here for you.
1. Common Cold
We know that when you or someone in your family are under the weather with a cold, it can feel like everything is a bit ‘out of sync’.
Although there is no cure for the common cold, your Pharmacy Locale are on hand with advice and remedies to help ease the symptoms and to help you focus on the things that matter most.
Symptoms of the common cold are the same in adults and children, and include:
- A blocked or runny nose
- A sore throat
- Muscle aches
- Loss of taste and smell
- Pressure in your ears and face
- Raised temperature
Top tips for avoiding colds and keeping yourself well this season:
- Make sure you wear lots of layers in the winter. Cotton, wool and fleecy fibres help maintain body heat.
- Stay hydrated. It is important to drink lots of fluids.
- Use hand sanitiser to fight germs.
- Make time for relaxation and sleep.
- Stay active.
- Make sure you eat at least one hot meal a day.
- Be prepared and stock up on cold and flu products.
Pain and fever reliever:
Try any one of our own brand medicines to relieve those aches and pains
- Co-op Paracetamol Capsules
- Co-op Paracetamol Caplets
- Co-op Extra Strength Pain Relief Paracetamol
- Co-op Ibuprofen Capsules
- Co-op Ibuprofen Capulets
- Co-op Ibuprofen Tablets
- Co-op Ibuprofen Liquid Capsules
Congestion or sinus pain reliever:
We have great own brand and branded medicines that will work a treat
- Co-op Maximum Strength Flu Capsules
- Co-op Maximum Strength Cold/Flu Sachets
- Day and Night Nurse
- Otrivine Nasal Spray
Chest congestion reliever/mucus control/dry coughs:
- Co-op Dry Tickly Cough Syrup
- Co-op Adult Chesty Cough Syrup
- Co-op Menthol Bronchial Balsam
- Benylin Chesty Cough
- Benylin Dry Cough
- Benylin Mucus Cough
- Sore throat relievers
- Hand sanitiser
- Heating pad (for muscle aches)
If you are not sure on what products are right for you or can’t find what you are looking for, ask you Pharmacy Locale Pharmacist, we are always here to help and give advice.