Keep warm and keep well this winter. If you are starting to feel unwell, our pharmacists are there to help.
Stocking up on supplies to get you through the cold and flu season is a great way to be prepared and protect your health.
At Pharmacy Locale we have everything you need to keep the dreaded winter germs at bay. If you’re not sure or can’t find what your looking for, our pharmacists are always there to help and give you the best advice.
Symptoms of the common cold are the same in adults and children, and include:
- A blocked or runny nose
- A sore throat
- Muscle aches
- Loss of taste and smell
- Pressure in your ears and face
- Raised temperature
Top tips for avoiding colds and keeping yourself well this season:
- Make sure you wear lots of layers in the winter. Cotton, wool and fleecy fibres help maintain body heat.
- Stay hydrated. It is important to drink lots of fluids.
- Use hand sanitiser to fight germs.
- Make time for relaxation and sleep.
- Stay active.
- Make sure you eat at least one hot meal a day.
- Be prepared and stock up on cold and flu products.
Here are a few items which you can stock up on:
Pain and fever reliever:
Try any one of our own brand medicines to relieve those aches and pains
- Co-op Paracetamol Capsules
- Co-op Paracetamol Capulets
- Co-op Extra Strength Pain Relief Paracetamol
- Co-op Ibuprofen Capsules
- Co-op Ibuprofen Capulets
- Co-op Ibuprofen Tablets
- Co-op Ibuprofen Liquid Capsules
Congestion or sinus pain reliever:
We have great own brand and branded medicines that will work a treat
- Co-op Maximum Strength Flu Capsules
- Co-op Maximum Strength Cold/Flu Sachets
- Day and Night Nurse
- Otrivine Nasal Spray
Chest congestion reliever/mucus control/dry coughs:
- Co-op Dry Tickly Cough Syrup
- Co-op Adult Chesty Cough Syrup
- Co-op Menthol Bronchial Balsam
- Benylin Chesty Cough
- Benylin Dry Cough
- Benylin Mucus Cough
- Sore throat relievers
- Hand sanitiser
- Heating pad (for muscle aches)
If you are not sure on what products are right for you or can’t find what you are looking for, ask you Pharmacy Locale Pharmacist, we are always here to help and give advice.