1. About these terms and conditions;
- This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you the contractual terms on which you may enter the competition (the “Terms”). These Terms may change from time to time and without prior notice. Such changes will supersede and cancel our previous agreements in relation to the competition.
- When we say “we”, “us”, “our” or “the Society”, we mean the Channel Islands Co-operative Society Limited. When we say “you” and “your”, we mean the entrant to the competition, or if the entrant is under the age of 16 years, their parent or guardian.
- Any competitions run by us will be governed by its own separate Terms and Conditions.
- The competition and these Terms are governed by the law of Jersey and Guernsey.
2. About Us;
- We are registered under the Industrial & Provident Societies Act 1965 – 1978 (Industrial & Provident Societies (Channel Islands) Order 1965 – 1978) and have our registered office at Co-operative House, 57 Don Street, St Helier, Jersey JE2 4TR. The Society is registered with the Mutuals Section of the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom (Number 14672R). The Financial Conduct Authority acts as Registrar for Industrial & Provident Societies (Co-operatives).
- To contact us, please visit the contact us page on our website or call us on 01534 879822 or 01481 231155.
3. How to participate;
- To take part, entrants must fill out a form in our Grand Marché stores and return it to the in-store post box, or return by post to The Channel Islands Co-operative Society Ice cream competition, Co-operative House, 57 Don Street, St Helier JE2 4TR or fill in the online form via our website at channelislands.coop/icecream
- This competition is free to enter, no purchase is necessary.
- Entries received prior to the closing time will be valid.
- This competition is open only to Jersey residents.
- Failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeit of the prize.
- Employees of The Channel Islands Co-operative, their close relatives, anyone connected with the Society or judging of this competition are eligible to enter.
- The Society is not liable for entries which are not received or which are incomplete, illegible, indecipherable, corrupt or delayed for any reason.
- Entries which we believe have been automatically generated by computer, completed by third parties or in bulk may not be accepted.
- Proof of submitting an entry is not proof of receipt by us.
5. The Prize;
- Three entries will be shortlisted by a panel of judges, and the three chosen entries will be put out to a public vote to decide the winner.
- The winning flavour will be produced as a limited edition ice cream available in all Co-operative stores. The winner and a friend will also be invited for a private tasting session with Jersey Dairy and given a VIP tour as the winning creation is put into production.
- The prize is as stated, is non-transferable and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The closing time for entries will be 23:59 on Tuesday 26th March 2019. After this time, no further entries for the competition will be accepted.
- The result of the competition is final and no correspondence regarding the competition and its results will be entered into, except with the winners.
6. Competition rules and procedures
- Your entry to the competition will require you to provide us with the following information:
- Your name
- Phone number
- Your email address
- Your age
- Parent name
- Share number (if applicable)
- Where appropriate, competition entries which express an opinion must be written in good faith and must be honestly believed, appropriate, civil, tasteful and in accordance with generally accepted standards of etiquette.
- Where appropriate, competition entries which are a creative work of any kind must be written or created in good faith and must be your own work, appropriate, civil, tasteful and accord with generally accepted standards of etiquette.
- Entries must in particular not:
- be illegal or unlawful under any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- infringe any third party's legal rights (including any copyright, moral right, database right, trademark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right);
- be libellous, maliciously false, harassing or threatening;
- infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy, or right under data protection legislation;
- be fraudulent, have a fraudulent purpose or effect, be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
- be obscene, offensive, sexually explicit, promote violence or promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading; or
- constitute spam.
- By entering the competition you warrant that your entry is your own work and that you own the copyright to it. You retain such copyright in your entry.
- We are not required to return entries to entrants in any form.
- We reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition in whole or in part any time. We will not have any liability, whether to you or to any third party as a result of such changes but we will notify all entrants of any change to the competition as soon as possible.
- We cannot accept liability for any system failures, network errors, website unavailability, hacks on the system, personal computer issues or any other issue out of our reasonable control.
7. Winner selection process;
- After the closing date of the competition, three entries will be shortlisted by a panel of judges, and the three chosen entries will be put out to a public vote to decide the winner. We will use the information you provided to us to notify you if you win the competition and to deliver your prize where applicable.
- The shortlisted entrants will be notified via telephone or email by Thursday 28th March 2019.
- In the event that contact cannot be made with a shortlisted entrant by Monday 1st April 2019 then a new entrant will be selected from other remaining entries and the original shortlisted entrant will forfeit their entry to the competition.
- The overall winner will be notified via telephone or email by Monday 15th April 2019.
- In the event that contact cannot be made with the winner by Wednesday 17th April 2019 then a new winner will be selected from other shortlisted entries and the original winner will forfeit the prize.
- The winners' details (names and parishes only) will be available for six weeks after the closing date by sending a SAE to Marketing & Digital Team, The Channel Islands Co-operative Society, Co-operative House, 57 Don Street, St Helier, Jersey, JE2 4TR
- Our decision is final in every situation (including any not covered by these Terms) and no correspondence regarding the competition and its results will be entered into.
8. Data Protection;
- Winners may be asked to take part in publicity in relation to their win, but participation in such publicity is not compulsory. This publicity would be conducted through our website and social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. The following personal information will be used, the first name of the winners, their age (if under 18) and Parish.
- Information provided while using any social media channel(s) associated with the competition may also be separately gathered by those sites and used in accordance with their Terms of Service and Privacy Policies.
- We may use your data to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, but only where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.