1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
3 rashers Co-operative Truly Irresistible smoked streaky bacon, roughly chopped
250g Co-operative beef mince
2 tbsp Co-operative harissa paste
1 tbsp tomato purée
1 stick cinnamon (about 7cm long)
75ml filter coffee, medium strength
400g can chopped tomatoes with garlic and oregano
2 tsp dark brown soft sugar
220g can Co-operative kidney beans, drained
To serve, cooked basmati rice, soured cream and fresh coriander (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat and add the onion and bacon. Fry for 3-4 minutes until the onion becomes soft and translucent and the bacon is beginning to brown.
2. Add the mince and continue to fry until just starting to brown.
3. Stir in the harissa, tomato purée and cinnamon, and fry for a minute more.
4. Add the coffee, tomatoes and sugar. Bring to the boil, cover and cook for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the kidney beans and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the sauce
has thickened. Remove the cinnamon.
6. Serve with rice and soured cream, and sprinkle with coriander, if liked.