150g Co-op plain flour
250ml Co-op semi-skimmed milk
2 Co-op British free range eggs
20g Co-op unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus extra for greasing
1. To make the batter, sift the flour into a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre
2. Pour in the milk, 50ml water and the eggs and whisk together until smooth
3. Set aside for 30 mins, then whisk in the butter
4. Heat a nonstick frying pan on a medium heat
5. Grease the pan with a little butter, then pour in 2-3 tbsp batter, swirling until the base of the pan is coated
6. Fry for 1 minute, until set
7. Flip, then cook the pancake for 30 seconds to 1 minute more
8. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Lemon & sugar:
Serve the traditional way, with a squeeze of lemon juice and a dusting of sugar
Feta, honey & thyme:
Try a Greek-inspired pancake. Top with a little crumbled Feta and a drizzle of runny honey, then sprinkle with a few thyme leaves to serve
Here’s one for an indulgent treat. Top your pancakes with a generous drizzle of ready-made caramel sauce and crumble over Co-op Irresistible shortbread squares.
Prosecco poached peaches:
For a grown-up topping, boil peaches, in enough water to cover, for 5 mins, cool, then peel and cut into slices.
Poach in a pan with sugar and Prosecco until syrupy. Spoon the peaches and syrup over the pancakes and finish off with a spoonful of mascarpone.