Terms & Conditions
The Channel Islands Co-operative Society Limited:
You are permitted to use our Website solely on the basis of these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions in their entirety please do not use our Website.
These Terms and Conditions apply regardless of how you access our Website, including any technologies or devices by which we make our Website available to you at home, on the move or in store.
You must read these Terms and Conditions carefully, and we recommend that you print and keep a copy for your own future reference.
By accessing, browsing, using, registering with, or placing an order on our Website, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to these Terms and Conditions in their entirety.
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to update and/or revise these Terms and Conditions. Please check our Website periodically for changes. If you do not wish to accept any new Terms and Conditions you should stop using our Website. Any continued use by you of our Website after the date on which any new Terms and Conditions become effective will be deemed to mean that you have accepted the new Terms and Conditions in their entirety.
If you have any questions relating to these Terms and Conditions please contact us at email@example.com.
Our Website also includes links to our other websites which relate to specific trading and other activities, and all orders/purchases made through those sites will be governed by the specific terms and conditions relevant to each activity in addition to these Terms and Conditions.
Use of our Website
Subject to these Terms and Conditions, our Website is provided to you free of charge for your personal, non-commercial use.
We may change, suspend or discontinue our Website at any time, including the availability of any feature, database, or content of it. We may also at any time impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of our Website without notice or liability. We reserve the right to refuse to post material on our Website or to remove material already posted on our Website.
You shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining any equipment or ancillary services needed to connect to, access or otherwise use our Website (including, without limitation, modems, routers, other hardware, software, and telephone services).
The content of our Website is protected by copyright, trade marks, database and other intellectual property rights. You may retrieve and display the content of our Website on a computer screen, store such content in electronic form on disk (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on our Website without our written permission.
No licence is granted to you in these Terms and Conditions to use any trade mark of The Channel Islands Co-operative Society Limited or its affiliated companies including, without limitation, the trade marks.
Conduct of Members
You may not use our Website for any of the following purposes:
- disseminating any unlawful, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable, material;
- transmitting material that is or which encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, results in civil liability or otherwise breaches any relevant laws, regulations or code of practice;
- gaining unauthorised access to other computer systems;
- interfering with any other person's use or enjoyment of our Website;
- breaching any laws concerning the use of public telecommunications networks;
- interfering or disrupting networks or websites connected to our Website;
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner; or
- engaging in technically harmful behaviour, which includes but is not limited to: computer viruses, logic bombs, trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data and other malicious software or harmful data.
You agree fully to indemnify us (and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers) at all times against all claims, liabilities, proceedings, damages, losses, costs and expenses of whatever nature arising out of any breach or violation of these Terms and Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use or misuse of our Website (including content you submit, post or transmit via our Website), or the use or misuse by any other person accessing our Website using your account and/or your personal information.
Limitation of liability
Our Website is provided on an "as is" basis meaning that it is provided without warranties of any kind on our part, either express or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
We assume no liability for:
- any incompatibility between our Website and other websites, services or any of your software, equipment, telecommunications links and hardware;
- any modification, suspension or discontinuance of any of our Website, domain names or services;
- any viruses or any other disabling features that affect your access to or use of our Website;
- any delays or failures you may experience in initiating, conducting or completing any transmissions or transactions in connection with our Website; or
- any use by you of our Website including, without limitation, for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damages or any loss of profits, loss of revenue or business interruption or otherwise.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by negligence; or
- fraud; or
- any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
To provide increased value to our members, we may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion and entirely at your own risk.
You acknowledge and agree that, as you have freely chosen to enter the linked website, we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for:
- the privacy practices of such websites;
- the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources;
- the use to which others make of those websites or resources;
- any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such websites or resources.
Part of our Website may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on our Website complies with relevant laws and codes. We will not be responsible for any error or inaccuracy in advertising and sponsorship material.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or removed or amended to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and be enforceable.
If you breach these Terms and Conditions, and we ignore this, we shall still be entitled to use our rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation where you breach the Terms and Conditions.
We shall not be responsible for our breach of these Terms and Conditions caused by circumstances beyond our control.
You may not assign, sub-licence or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these Terms and Conditions.
We make no promise that the materials on our Website are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the Channel Islands, and accessing our Website from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you choose to access our Website from locations outside the Channel Islands, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Jersey if your address that you have provided to us pursuant to 'Registration, Security, Suspension and Cancellation' is situate in Jersey. In such circumstances, you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Jersey in relation to any claim, dispute or matter arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions and their implementation or effect.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Guernsey if your address that you have provided to us pursuant to 'Registration, Security, Suspension and Cancellation' section is situate in the Bailiwick of Guernsey. In such circumstances, you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Guernsey in relation to any claim, dispute or matter arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions and their implementation or effect.