General Assistant - Bakery | En Route St Peter
Do you want to be part of something different, unique, meaningful, giving you a real sense of purpose, pride and belonging, then come and join the Co-operative Society, were Co-operation, Openness, Passion, Empowerment and Recognition are our values and our People are at the heart of our stores.
We are looking for a Part Time General Assistant to work within our Bakery and join our friendly En Route St Peter store. Your working hours will be 6am - 9am, 3 hours per day over 4 days.
Join the bakery and you'll ensure good product availability and help provide a friendly service and the best shopping experience for our customers.
A good communicator and team player, you must be able to follow food safety guidelines, maintain good housekeeping practices and prepare bakery products to the highest of standards.
Your role will be varied, busy but always rewarding job at your new community retailer.
We're looking for individuals who understand and appreciate customer service, know the value of teamwork and co-operation, and share our same vision and values.
No two days are ever entirely the same, but your daily duties will include:
- Opening the bakery in the morning
- Assisting customers by providing information on baked goods
- Help customers to make selections by offering suggestions and opinions
- Maintain ovens and equipment to a good standard and ensure any equipment which is not functioning is reported in a timely manner
- Packaging and arranging baked goods for shop opening
- Perform date and temperature checks on products
- Use of baking equipment (such as ovens)
- Use of timers to assist preparation of baked goods within the required guidelines as specified per items and also baked goods rotation
- Maintaining a clean and uncluttered workspace, cleaning ovens, work surfaces and baking environment, loading dishwasher
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to create visually appealing displays of baked goods
- Stock control ordering and replenishing items within your work space
- Monitor and replenish sold out items
- Maintaining the highest levels of food and personal hygiene possible at all times
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent food service
- Build productive trust relationships with all colleagues
- Comply with inventory control procedures
This role can be physically challenging at times working in a hot environment and involves lifting, reaching, bending, and standing for long periods of time. You should be flexible in order to meet the demands of our trading hours, which may include weekends but what you give in enthusiasm we'll return to you with full training and other benefits and rewards - including a starting salary of £13.25ph, 10% staff discount off food, non-food, fuel and pharmacy, secondary card holder, Discretionary Bonus, Pension, Simply Health and a generous holiday allowance
Bakery experience would be advantageous, but not essential we'll welcome you into our team and show you around. All we need from you is:
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Effective time management skills
- Very good written and verbal English
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy and hot environment
- Experience of handling industrial kitchen equipment
- A can-do attitude and a great team player
- EU settled status document will be required from those holding an EU passport
- Ability to work flexible working patterns as the role may include weekends
Interested? Ready to join us?
To apply, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
For further information, please contact our HR team on tel 879822 or email us today.
A more rewarding job.
What our Mission, Vision and Values are, because principles are more valuable than profits.
We're a retail business dedicated to the principles of co-operative trade.
For us, belonging is everything. Whether that is belonging as a member, producer or shopper. Find out more.