General Assistant (Fresh Department) | Grand Marché St Helier
We are looking for a general assistant to join our fresh department team at Grand Marché St Helier.
Counter assistants play a key role in attaining the highest possible standards of customer service, merchandising and all shop floor duties to maximise sales while working within the Society’s mission, vision and values.
- Ideally experienced in working in food preparation, however not essential
- Possess a certificate in Food Hygiene or a willingness to study Basic Food Hygiene Course
- Preparation including marinating, filleting and preparing meat for the counter
- Correct completion of HACCP records
- Maintaining a clean and hygienic and uncluttered working area
- Providing exceptional customer service, assisting customers with their enquiries
- Supporting colleagues as part of a good team work ethic
Previous experience is desired, however, it is not essential as full training will be provided. You should have the ability to deliver great customer service is essential as well as have good written and verbal English.
Although this is a permanent, full time role, yet, you should be willing to be flexible to meet the needs of trading hours, will include weekends.
For further information, please contact our HR team on 879822 or email us today.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
The Channel Islands Co-operative Society have something for everyone.
Discover the difference you can make in a career with us.
Please note: Applicants must have 5 years residency
What our Mission, Vision and Values are, because principles are more valuable than profits.
We're a retail business dedicated to the principles of co-operative trade.
For us, belonging is everything. Whether that is belonging as a member, producer or shopper. Find out more.