Home Delivery Driver | Grand Marché St Helier
Do you want to be part of something different, unique, meaningful, giving you a real sense of purpose, pride and belonging, then come and join the Co-operative Society, were Co-operation, Openness, Passion, Empowerment and Recognition are our values and our People are at the heart of our stores.
If you are looking for a role that offers lots of independence, then our Home Delivery Driver could be right up your street.
We deliver a first-class service, so as part of your role you will be delivering electronic goods and shopping to customers homes.
As a Home Delivery Delivery Driver you will always provide a professional and friendly service when making deliveries and driving about in the local community.
From day one, you will be welcomed into the Co-operative Society family and will be the face of our business, delivering groceries and delighting our customers whatever the weather.
Join our team and you'll offer every customer a doorstep check and go above and beyond to make their day.
What do I need:
- Full, clean, driving licence to include at least category B standard car licence
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the island and routes
- Familiarity with GPS devices would be an advantage
- You must be organised
- Good written and verbal English
- A polite and professional disposition with excellent customer service and communication skills
- Flexible approach with a can do attitude
- Helpful and enthusiastic, you should really care about our customers and be a good team player who can work on your own initiative
- Previous driving experience would be an advantage
- Experience of handling roll cages, crate and pallet movements would be an advantage
What will I do:
- Responsible for the safe, accurate loading of customers orders in and out of the Society's delivery van
- Delivery of customers orders whilst observing all legal and safety regulations, policies and procedures, ensuring products arrive in time and perfect condition
- Assisting in effectively planning deliveries
- Deliver the best possible door step service to our customers
- Maintain a friendly and professional approach, always remaining courteous and respectful of customers and the Society's privacy and properties
- Ensuring the Society's vehicles are fuelled, cleaned, charged, clean and tidy
- Supporting colleagues as part of a good team work ethic
Previous experience is desired, however, it is not essential as full training will be provided. You should have the ability to deliver great customer service as well as have good written and verbal English
This role can be physically challenging at times and involve reaching, bending and lifting of stock, but what you give in enthusiasm we'll return to you in full in training and other benefits - salary starting at £13.75ph + 10% on Sundays, we also offer 10% staff discount off food, non-food, fuel and pharmacy, discretionary bonus, pension, Simply Health and a generous holiday allowance, as well as other discounts.
If you have less than five years residency status, you may be considered for full time roles. If you've lived more than five years on the island, you may apply for part time roles
EU settled status document will be required from those holding an EU passport
Interested? Ready to join us?
To apply, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
For further information, please contact our HR team on 879822 or email us today.
A more rewarding job.
What our Mission, Vision and Values are, because principles are more valuable than profits.
We're a retail business dedicated to the principles of co-operative trade.
For us, belonging is everything. Whether that is belonging as a member, producer or shopper. Find out more.
Shop your groceries online, and we'll deliver 7 days a week, 9am until 9pm