Society Secretary | Co-operative House
We're looking for an experienced Company Secretary to act as key advisor to the Board of Directors and Executive Leadership Team and provide governance and secretarial services to the group.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with the CEO and Board and to actively participate in the development, design and implementation of the Society’s vision, mission and strategy
- Enhance and oversee the Governance Framework ensuring ongoing compliance to current best practice, applicable laws and regulations
- Provide advice and guidance on matters of law and governance to the Board and Executive management on their responsibilities
- Working closely with the Executive Committee in developing and delivering high quality reporting to the Board
- Ensuring good information flows between the Board and its Committees
- Facilitation of induction, performance review and professional development within the Board as required
- Maintaining Member relations and keeping the Board informed on Members’ views
- Ensure relevant policies are maintained, approved and implemented.
- To prepare and monitor budgets for the department, exercise tight control over operational costs and expenses in line with budget.
- Providing legal advice as required by the Board and/or Executive Leadership Team in relation to key decisions, contracts or transactions consulting external counsel where appropriate.
Ideally, you would have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a Company Secretary preferably with trading/commercial experience, a proven track record of operating successfully at this level, working closely with the Board and Executive Leadership Team and qualified in Governance and preferably legal qualification and/or experience.
Interested? Ready to join us?
To apply, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
Before applying, please note the following:
- EU Settled status is required for those holding an EU Passport
- Applicants with less than five years residential status may be considered for this roles
For further information, please contact our HR team on tel 879822 or email us today.
A more rewarding job.