Technology Support Engineer (Guernsey)
To provide support and maintenance services for Technology in use by the Society’s users, to ensure that all relevant service calls are dealt with to an acceptable standard, to provide an “out of hours” support service when required and ensure that all Technology solutions are delivered to an agreed standard.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Ensure that the Society’s Technology systems, i.e. hardware and software, are maintained to a high level of service.
- To perform regular tasks associated with operating, controlling and installing, software and hardware across the estate.
- Follow Processes and Procedures to deliver operational maintenance.
- To act where required, as a troubleshooter for any IT-related issues/problems that arise.
- Work on a shift basis to provide “out of hours” support to the Society’s User community.
- To ensure that the working area is kept clean and tidy and ensure that all H&S requirements are adhered to.
- To ensure that, wherever possible, any costs incurred in the delivery of the role are kept to a minimum.
The successful person will be an engineer with knowledge of some of the following;
- PC Architecture, Hardware, Operating Systems and application software.
- Point of Sale, Hardware and Software.
- Local and Wide Area Networks, Hardware and Operating Systems including Wireless architecture.
- Telephony Hardware and Software solutions, Server Hardware, Operating Systems, and Management Software.
- MS Active Directory, Group Policy, and Profile Management.
- Deployment & Management Techniques including Microsoft SCCM, MDT and WSUS.
- The ability to plan, create and work with “Gold” build architecture.
- SQL Server application deployment and maintenance.
- Backup and Restore architectures, based around physical and virtual solutions.
- An understanding of the ITIL service framework.
The Ideal Candidate would be self-managing with a keen motivation for customer service, with the ability to contribute to a continual improvement plan for the Technology Services area.
The Channel Islands Co-operative Society have something for everyone. Discover the difference you can make in a career with us.