As a Co-operative, we’ve been at the heart of Island life for over 100 years and it’s our members who help us to continue to support our local community.
There is now the opportunity for eligible members to help shape our future direction by standing for election to serve as a Director on our Board.
Who can apply?
There are number of requirements that members who want to stand for election need to have.
Some of these include:
- Being a member of the Society for at least two years
- In the cases of a joint account, be the first named party on that account
- Have spent a minimum of £1,300 across our stores between the dates between Monday 10 January 2022 and Sunday 8 January 2023
- Aren’t currently a colleague of the Society
To find out if you are eligible to stand for election, you can read more in our Rule 10.19 Eligibility to be a Director.
What skills are we looking for?
We’re particularly looking for eligible applicants with senior leadership experience in :
- Information Technology
- E-Commerce & Fulfilment
We're also keen for our potential Directors to have:
- A deep commitment to the International Co-operative Alliances Values & Principles
- Proven strategic, financial and commercial skills
- The insight and experience to provide independent oversight to the Society’s governance
- Senior leadership experience preferably at Board level or equivalent in commercial enterprises, the public or third sectors
Ready to apply?
To apply to stand for election, you’ll need to complete our online form which you can access by clicking here.
You will also need to complete a basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and forward a copy of the certificate to us. We’ll refund the cost incurred to you for this.
To request a basic DBS check, please click here.
Applications close on Friday 24 March 2023 at 7pm.
We have a turnover of approximately £200 million, property assets of more than £130 million, over 1,100 colleagues and last year returned over £7 million to Members through dividends, Member discounts, and share interest.
Our business includes food and non-food retail, sub-post offices and other non-regulated money services, fuel forecourts, pharmacies and funeral services.
Regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission for carrying on money services business and registered with the Guernsey Financial Services Commission for non-regulated financial services business.
Located conveniently all over the Island.
We're owned by you, so being a Co-op member gives you the opportunity to belong & be part of something bigger
We put the community at our heart by supporting local community organisations and charities every day.