Our community vision
Our vision is to put our local co-operative at the heart of the community.
Our community pillars
We create society links with the community by:
- making more communities accessible
- championing community initiatives in-store
- make it easy for our members to donate to community initiatives
We champion key community topics like:
- the islands aging population
- the health and wellbeing of islanders
- local social inclusion
- the impact on our next generation
We promoting the Co-op way by:
- promoting co-operative principles and what makes us unique
- supporting local
- being ambassadors for environmental causes
Giving back is at the heart of our values
Giving back to the community is at the heart of our values.
Last year, we:
- donated around £250,000 to charities and organisations in the Channel Islands
- supported more than 340 charities, schools and organisations to raise money through bag packing and other fundraising events in stores
- helped a further 250 local charities with fundraising prizes and sponsorship
How we help charities
We support various worthy causes through:
- bag packing and charity events in our stores (last year, this included around 300+ charities and organisations)
- charity collection boxes and 'Donate Your Dividend Stamps' scheme (last year, we helped 43 charities)
- supporting local charities with fundraising prizes (in 2016, we donated over £11,000 to charities and organisation as goods and prizes)
- providing corporate sponsorship to a number of clubs, events and organisations
- donating around around £22,410 from the Eco-Fund to local environmental projects
- funding over £18,000 to charitable causes through the Helping Hands scheme in both Jersey and Guernsey
- our colleagues working throughout the year to raise money for various local organisations and initiatives such as The Variety Club, CI Pride and The Pride of Jersey and Pride of Guernsey Awards
- giving out over £125,000 in discounts each year to support the local elderly community through David Kirsch's voucher initiative in Jersey
- Eco-Fund >
- Helping Hands >
- Sponsorship >
- Charity share numbers >
- In-store collections >
- Community blog >
If your organisation is trying to raise funds, why not organise a bag pack or charity collection at one of stores?
Learn about how we fund environmental projects with the proceeds of plastic bag sales
Supporting local charities and community groups through our Helping Hands scheme
We play a considerable role in the community through various corporate sponsorship programs
If you're a member, you can donate your dividend - just quote the share number of the charity
We’re proud to be supporting Jersey Hospice Care’s Planted with Love remembrance garden.
The Variety Young star of the year nominations are now open. Do you know a young person who deserves this award?
The Fairtrade Foundation was formed in 1992 to support producers working in developing countries.