Our community vision
Our vision is to put our local co-operative at the heart of the community.
Our community pillars
We create society links with the community by:
- making more communities accessible
- championing community initiatives in-store
- make it easy for our members to donate to community initiatives
We champion key community topics like:
- the islands aging population
- the health and wellbeing of islanders
- local social inclusion
- the impact on our next generation
We promoting the Co-op way by:
- promoting co-operative principles and what makes us unique
- supporting local
- being ambassadors for environmental causes
Giving back is at the heart of our values
Giving back to the community is at the heart of our values.
In 2018, we:
- donated nearly £164,000 to charities and organisations in the Channel Islands
- supported over 260 different charities, schools and organisations to raise money through bag packing and other fundraising events in stores
- helped a further 120 local charities with fundraising prizes and sponsorship
How we help charities
We support various worthy causes through:
- bag packing and charity events in our stores (in 2018, this included around 260+ charities and organisations)
- charity collection boxes and 'Donate Your Dividend Stamps' scheme (in 2018, we helped 25 charities)
- supporting local charities with fundraising prizes (in 2018, we donated nearly£29,000 to charities and organisation as goods and prizes)
- providing corporate sponsorship to a number of clubs, events and organisations
- donating around £17,000 from the Eco-Fund to local environmental projects
- funding over £18,000 to charitable causes through the Helping Hands scheme in both Jersey and Guernsey
- our colleagues working throughout the year to raise money for various local organisations and initiatives such as The Variety Club, CI Pride and The Pride of Jersey and Pride of Guernsey Awards
- giving out over £57,000 in discounts each year to support the local elderly community through David Kirsch's voucher initiative in Jersey
- 100-day Community Challenge >
- Charities >
- Eco Fund >
- Helping Hands >
- Sponsorship >
- Charity share numbers >
£1000, 100 days, and 10 community projects. What impact will they make?
Our Eco Fund provides grants to worthy local projects that aim to protect and regenerate our local environment.
We support local charities and community groups through our Helping Hands scheme.
Read the latest stories about the work we're doing with our local communities.
We play a considerable role in the community through various corporate sponsorship programs
If you're looking for fundraising opportunities with your Co-op, here is all the information you need.
If you're a member, you can support charities while shopping - just quote the share number of the charity.