Protecting YOUR Information. Protecting YOUR Rights.
The Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 (“DPJL”) and the Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 2017 (“DPGL”) (the “Data Protection Laws”) are there to protect individuals Personal Data and the way Organisations collect, use, store and share it. The Channel Islands Co-operative Society is committed to protecting your Personal Information and ensuring your rights are adhered to.
Transparency is the key to data protection and informing you about your rights and how you can communicate with The Society to ask for one of your rights to be used is hugely important.
You are entitled to the following rights, as laid down by the Data Protection Laws:
- Request a copy of personal information we hold about you.
- Request us to update or correct personal data we hold about you.
- Request the erasure of personal data we hold about you.
- You want to restrict us from using your personal information (for example: from receiving marketing material)
- You want to object to us processing personal information we hold about you.
- Request that we transfer personal data we hold about you to a third party.
- You want to object to us profiling you or making automated decisions about you.
Requests can be made via our Enforcing your rights page.
There is no charge for making a request unless it is unfounded or excessive. We may contact you for more information about your request but will certainly answer your request within a 4-week period.
For more information about how we collect and process your information, please read our Privacy Notice
For more information on your Rights, please visit:
Office of the Information Commissioner (Jersey)
- Enforcing your Rights >
- Privacy Notice >
- Membership Terms and Conditions >