Protecting YOUR Information. Protecting YOUR Rights.
On Friday 25th May 2018 a new law came into effect which replaced existing data protection laws. These new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) will give you greater rights and protection when it comes to your personal data and how it is used.
Personal data is any information which you have provided (or information that has been provided on your behalf) which could identify you such as your date of birth, name or address.
We think it’s important that you know about these changes and how they impact you as a Member and Shareholder of the Channel Islands Co-operative Society.
With the new regulations, you have the right to make the following requests:
- Request a copy of personal information we hold about you
- Request us to update or correct personal data we hold about you
- Request the erasure of personal data we hold about you
- Request that we refrain from using personal data we hold about you for profiling (for marketing purposes, for example), or from using your personal data in any automated decision-making process
- Request that we stop processing personal data we hold about you
- Request that we transfer personal data we hold about you to a third party
- Report any breach of your rights as a data subject under the Data Protection(Jersey) Law 2018, as amended from time to time, or the Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 2017, referred to here as ‘The Data Protection Law’
Data requests can be made via our Enforcing Your Rights page
For additional information on Data protection and GDPR, please visit your relevant Commissioners website;
We want to make sure you understand exactly how and why your personal information is processed and so we have detailed all you need to know in our Privacy Policies, including:
- When we will take information from you
- What information we will take from you
- How we will use your information
- How we will protect your information
- How long we will keep information we hold about you
- Who we will share your information with
- Enforcing your Rights >
- Privacy Policies >
- Data Protection >
- Supplier and Partners data protection policy >