This homemade playdough is super easy to make in just 5 minutes. It’s also very easy to store and can be kept for up to 6 months. The ingredients are simple, common household ingredients, making this playdough a perfect natural play option that is non-toxic.
What you will need
- 1 cup of flour
- ¾ cup of water
- ¼ cup of salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- Food colouring/gel
How to make your playdough
- Add the oil and water into a non-stick pan and heat on a medium heat.
- Add the food colouring.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the salt and flour.
- Check the water is hot (but not boiling) slowly add the flour and salt into the pan.
- Mix to combine, continuously stirring until the ingredients become dry a begin to form a ball.
- Remove from the pan and place on a waxed paper sheet or plate to cool.
- Once the play putty has cooled down, squish and knead the dough to remove lumps and improve the consistency.
- That’s it! You’ve made your homemade playdough.
You can teach your little ones to tell the time with our paper plate clock.
This little craft is perfect for bookworms or encouraging your little ones to read.
Fuel your little adventurer’s souls, letting them explore your home in style with these super easy binoculars.
This activity is a great way to recycle your old plastic bottles.
A perfect homemade gift made using plastic bottles, and great for the kids to get gardening with these flowerpots.