You can teach your little ones to tell the time with our paper plate clock craft, making this activity super fun and educational. Help your kids stay ahead of the curve with this easy tutorial.
What you will need
- A paper plate (or if you don’t have one, you can draw a big circle on a piece of paper or card)
- Paper fastener, or pipe cleaners
- Glue stick, PVA glue or sticky tape
- Paints, colours, crayons (anything colourful you can find)
- A couple of sheets of paper
- Optional: Stickers, gems, glitter to decorate with
How to make your paper plate clocks
- Start by painting or colouring your paper plate base.
- You will then need to either apply number stickers to your plate or use a marker to write the numbers. *Tip: Make sure to put the numbers 12,3,6 and 9 on the plate first. This makes it easier to pop your other numbers in and makes it even.
- Create the clock hands by cutting out one longer and one shorter arrow from either card or paper. (You could even use pipe cleaners)
- Use the sharp point of your scissors to pierce a small hole in the centre of the plate and the square end of both your clock hands.
- Insert the paper fastener with the clock hands into the middle hole. Pull the fastener apart at the back to secure it, making sure that it is a little lose to allow free movement of the clock hands. (If you do not have a paper fastener, this is where you can use pipe cleaners.) Pop your smaller and larger pipe cleaners through the hole in the middle of the plate. Turn the plate over and twist both pipe cleaners together to create a knot. Turn the plate back on its front and you flatten the pipe cleaners on to the plate. You will be able to move these to create the time.
- Lastly, get creative with your clock designs. Add some glitter, gems anything you like to bedazzle your beautiful clocks.
This homemade playdough is super easy to make in just 5 minutes.
This little craft is perfect for bookworms or encouraging your little ones to read.
Fuel your little adventurer’s souls, letting them explore your home in style with these super easy binoculars.
This activity is a great way to recycle your old plastic bottles.
A perfect homemade gift made using plastic bottles, and great for the kids to get gardening with these flowerpots.