4 large Local egg whites
225g golden caster sugar
30g Coop pecan halves, chopped
300ml Coop double cream
2 tbsp toffee sauce
1. Set the oven to 160C/fan 140C/Gas 3.
2. Grease a 33 x 23cm swiss roll tin, then line with greaseproof paper (the edges of the paper should overlap the rim of the tin by about 3cm).
3. Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until they’re stiff and foamy.
4. Gradually whisk in the sugar until the mix forms stiff peaks.
5. Spoon the mix into the lined tin and gently level the surface with a round-bladed knife.
6. Scatter the pecans over the top and bake in the oven for 25 mins, until the outside is firm to the touch.
7. Lay a damp tea towel out flat on your work surface.
8.Put a clean sheet of greaseproof paper on top of the meringue and then turn the tin upside down, onto the damp towel.
9. Carefully lift off the tin.
10.Peel away the greaseproof paper and rest it back on top of the meringue while it cools down.
11.Meanwhile, whisk the cream into soft peaks.
12.Once the meringue has cooled, spread the cream over the top.
13. Use the damp tea towel to roll up the meringue lengthways into a roulade shape.
14. Drizzle with the toffee sauce, and serve.