1 tsp Coop olive oil
1 small red onion, finely chopped
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp dried thyme
30g Coop flaked almonds
400g pack Coop Irresistible
British Cumberland sausages
½ x 190g pack Coop chorizo cooking sausages
50g Coop soft pitted dates, finely chopped
Coop plain flour, for dusting
375g pack Coop puff pastry ready rolled
1 Coop British free range egg
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion over a low-medium heat for 8-10 mins, until soft. Add the paprika, thyme and almonds, then fry for 2 mins more. Set aside to cool.
3. Squeeze the meat from both types of sausage into a large mixing bowl. Add the cooled onion mixture, along with the dates and seasoning. Stir until well combined, then set aside in the fridge.
4. Lightly dust the work surface with flour, then unroll the pastry onto it. Lay the sausagemeat in a log shape lengthways down the centre, then make 2cm-wide cuts down each side of the pastry, leaving a 2cm gap on either side of the meat.
5. Fold the top and bottom ends of pastry up over the sausage and then bring the cut strips of pastry alternately from each side over the sausage to resemble a plait.
6. Lightly beat the egg, then brush over the sausage roll. Bake for 40-45 mins, until the pastry is golden and crisp, leave to cool for 10 mins, then cut into slices.