225g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
4 very ripe Fairtrade bananas (mashed with a fork)
3 tbsp sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
150g butter, softened
100g Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Dark Soft Brown Sugar
50g Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Golden Caster Sugar
3 eggs (beaten)
75g Fairtrade dark chocolate chips
1 tbsp runny honey
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3 and grease and line a loaf tin.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, ground cinnamon and salt together in a bowl, then set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the banana with the sour cream and vanilla extract.
4. Beat together the butter and Tate & Lyle Sugars with an electric whisk until light and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs, beating well between each addition. Finally add the flour mixture and mix thoroughly.
5. Fold in the banana and sour cream mixture, stir through the chocolate chips, then spoon the mixture into the tin.
6. Bake in the middle of the oven for 45 minutes.
7. Cool the cake in the tin for 10 minutes, then brush the top with honey. Leave for another 20 minutes, then carefully lift out and let cool completely on a wire rack before slicing and serving.