2 large very ripe bananas, mashed (plus one extra sliced in half for topping)
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup Hilltop Honey, Organic Fairtrade honey
1/2 cup rolled oats (plus extra for topping)
1 3/4 cup wholemeal spelt flour
1/4 cup milk of choice
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees Celsius (fan-forced). In a bowl combine honey and oil with a whisk. Add eggs, milk and bananas and combine.
2. Add all remaining ingredients and combine well.
3. Pour batter into a baking paper lined loaf pan.
4. Top with extra banana and oats.
5. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean (depends on your loaf tin size).
6. Cool in tin for 15 minutes then turn out onto a cooling rack until it's cool enough to be easily handled.
7. Slice, wrap and freeze! Or enjoy right away!