1. 350ml Co-op Irresistible prosecco
2. 50g Fairtrade caster sugar, plus 1 tbsp
3. Zest of 1 lemon, juice of ½
4. 125g Co-op plain flour
5. 2 large Co-op British free range eggs, beaten
6. 150ml Co-op whole milk
7. Sunflower oil, for greasing
8. Vanilla ice cream, to serve (optional)
1. Make a syrup: in a pan, gently heat 200ml of the prosecco, the 50g sugar and the lemon juice until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil, cook for a further minute and set aside.
2. Combine the flour and remaining sugar, make a well and add the egg, along with 75ml of the prosecco. Mix to form a smooth batter, drawing in the flour from the sides as you go. Add the remaining prosecco and the milk, whisking well to combine.
3. Grease a nonstick frying pan with a little oil and place over a medium heat. When it’s hot, add just enough batter to cover the base, tilting the pan to create a thin, even layer. Cook until the underside is golden, then flip and repeat for the other side. Turn out onto a plate, keep warm, then make 7 more pancakes.
4. Fold the pancakes in half, then half again, and drizzle with the prosecco syrup. Sprinkle over the zest and serve with a scoop of ice cream on the side, if you like.