500g Beef Mince
1 tin Co-op chopped tomatoes
200g Couscous (dried weight)
1. Boil a kettle and pour the hot water over the couscous in a large dish (aim for double the water to the amount of couscous).
2. Cover with cling film and leave the couscous to absorb the water.
3. Add some oil to a large pan and then add the minced beef.
4. Using a spoon, break up the mince and turn it until it is thoroughly cooked. Pour in the chopped tomatoes and simmer.
5. When you have a nice mixture, season well, then add the couscous. Stir all the ingredients in well together
Recipe by Chloë Bowler, personal trainer and well-being expert, as featured in the Jersey Evening Post, Family Meals for a Fiver series, 27 January 2023
*Prices correct at time of print