Assistant Financial Accountant - Fixed Term 6 months | Co-operative House
We are looking for a Assistant Financial Accountant to join our Finance team on a 6 months contact.
Who will support the work in relation to the Society’s fixed asset register, weekly bank reconciliation and reporting. Preparation of periodic balance sheet, cashflow and reconciliation as requested. Assist in the interim and year end audit as well as the preparation of the statutory accounts.
The key purpose of this role is:
- To prepare the weekly bank and cash reconciliation.
- To support the Financial Accountant with the period balance sheet budgeting and reporting for the Society. This will involve supporting the preparation of a periodic ‘dashboard’ telling the ‘story’ behind the Society’s balance sheet for review and ultimately inclusion in the ELT and Board period reporting pack.
- To assist the department with the period end accounts close and reconciliation of a number of balance sheet accounts in accordance with the period reporting cycle for approval by the Financial Accountant.
- To support the Society in the approval process of capital expenditure. Assist the team in recording Society’s fixed assets, including project accounting, and the reporting thereon including preparation of a rolling fixed asset note at both period and financial year end.
For more information around the role and requirements, please link on the link below.
View the full job description here
To apply, please click the 'Apply now' button below to submit a current CV
For further information, please contact our HR team 01534 879822 or email us.
Before applying, please note the following:
- EU Settled status is required for those holding an EU Passport
- Applicants with less than five years residential status may be considered for full time roles
We're a retail business dedicated to the principles of co-operative trade.
What our Mission, Vision and Values are, because principles are more valuable than profits.
For us, belonging is everything. Whether that is belonging as a member, producer or shopper. Find out more.