Deli Counter Assistant | Grand Marché St Helier
Do you want to be part of something different, unique, meaningful, giving you a real sense of purpose, pride and belonging, then come and join the Co-operative Society, were Co-operation, Openness, Passion, Empowerment and Recognition are our values and our People are at the heart of our stores.
We are looking for a Deli Counter Assistant to join our Deli team at our Grand Marché St Helier store.
Do you have a can do attitude and enjoy working as part of a highly motivated busy team, if this sounds like you, come and join us.
Our Deli Counter Assistants play a key role in attaining the highest possible standards of customer service, food standards, merchandising and all Deli duties to maximise sales while working within the Aims and Values of the Society.
What do I need:
- Ideally experienced in working in food preparation, however not essential as full training will be given
- Possess a certificate in Food Hygiene or a willingness to study Basic Food Hygiene Course
- Great Customer Service skills
- A can-do attitude and a great team player
- Excellent attention to detail
- Have a passion for food
- Ability to work on own or within a team
What will I do:
- Preparation, including preparing meat for the counter
- Perform date and temperature checks on products
- Assisting customers by providing information on hot and cold products
- Serve customers with products available on the Deli counter
- Correct completion of HACCP records
- Maintaining a clean, hygienic and uncluttered working area
- Provide great customer service
- Support colleagues as part of a good team work ethic
Previous experience is desired, however, it is not essential as full training will be provided. You should have the ability to deliver great customer service as well as have good written and verbal English.
Starting salary of £11.88 +10% Sunday Rate with no experience, increasing to £12.20 on successful completion of the probation period, we also offer 10% staff discount off food, non-food, fuel and pharmacy, discretionary bonus, pension, Simply Health and a generous holiday allowance, as well as other discounts.
If you have less than five years residency status, you may be considered for full time roles. If you've lived more than five years on the island, you may apply for part time roles
EU settled status document will be required from those holding an EU passport
Bonus: Ability to work flexible working patterns as the role may include weekends
Interested? Ready to join us?
To apply, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
For further information, please contact our HR team on tel 879822 or email us today.
A more rewarding job.
What our Mission, Vision and Values are, because principles are more valuable than profits.
We're a retail business dedicated to the principles of co-operative trade.
For us, belonging is everything. Whether that is belonging as a member, producer or shopper. Find out more.