General Assistant - Evenings | En Route Trinity
Do you want to be part of something different, unique, meaningful, giving you a real sense of purpose, pride and belonging, then come and join the Co-operative Society, were Co-operation, Openness, Passion, Empowerment and Recognition are our values and our People are at the heart of our stores.
We are looking for a General Assistant to join our team at En Route Trinity, we have an evening shift available.
Do you have a can do attitude and enjoy working as part of a highly motivated busy team, if this sounds like you, come and join us.
Our General Assistants play a key role in attaining the highest possible standards of customer service, merchandising and all shop floor duties to maximise sales while working within the Aims and Values of the Society.
What do I need:
- Great Customer Service skills
- A can-do attitude and a great team player
- Excellent attention to detail
- Have a passion for food
- Ability to work on own or within a team
- Good written and verbal English
What will I do:
- Advising and serving customers
- Moving and Replenishing stock
- Processing transactions on the checkouts
- Supporting colleagues as part of a good team work ethic
- Maintaining a clean, hygienic and uncluttered working area
- Provide great customer service
Previous experience is desired, however, it is not essential as full training will be provided.
In return we offer:
- £11.88 +10% Sunday Rate with no experience, £12.20 + 10% Sunday Rate with experience
- 10% staff discount across all food, non-food, online grocery, fuel and pharmacy
- Ad hoc staff double discount weekends throughout the year
- Secondary card holder
- Discretionary bonus
- Pension Scheme with Co-op contribution up to 10%
- 24-hr access to free health and wellbeing support
- Generous holiday allowance
- Personal development plan, coaching and mentoring
- A range of other discounts
This role can be physically challenging at times and involve reaching, bending and lifting of stock and standing for long periods of time, but what you give in enthusiasm we'll return to you in full in training and other benefits and rewards, including colleague discount.
If you have less than five years residency status, you may be considered for full time roles. If you've lived more than five years on the island, you may apply for part time roles
EU settled status document will be required from those holding an EU passport
Bonus: Ability to work flexible working patterns as the role may include weekends
Interested? Ready to join us?
To apply, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
For further information, please contact our HR team on tel 879822 or email us today.
A more rewarding job.
What our Mission, Vision and Values are, because principles are more valuable than profits.
We're a retail business dedicated to the principles of co-operative trade.
For us, belonging is everything. Whether that is belonging as a member, producer or shopper. Find out more.