General Assistant (Weekends) Brand New Store Phillips Street
We're looking for weekend general assistants to join this exiting new team at our brand new Store opening in November in Phillips Street St Helier.
Being a general assistant is anything but 'general'. It will be a varied, busy, but always rewarding job at your community retailer.
General assistants make our Society the organisation that it is. We're looking for individuals who understand and appreciate customer service, know the value of teamwork and co-operation, and share our same vision and values.
No two days are ever entirely the same, but your daily duties may include:
- Assisting customers with their enquiries
- Maintaining an uncluttered environment
- Replenishing stock
- Operating checkouts
- Supporting colleagues as part of a good team work ethic
This role can be physically challenging at times and involve reaching, bending and lifting of stock and standing for long periods of time, but what you give in enthusiasm we'll return to you in full with training and other benefits and rewards; Starting salary of £11.88 +10% Sunday Rate with no experience, but increasing to £12.20 on completion of the probation period, we also offer 10% staff discount some weekends 20%, discretionary bonus, pension, simply Health and a generous holiday allowance, as well as other discounts.
No experience is necessary - we'll welcome you into our team and show you around. All we need from you is:
- An appreciation of the importance of good customer service
- Good written and verbal English
- A can-do attitude and a great team player
- If you have less than five years residency status, you may be considered for full time roles. If you've lived more than five years on the island, you may apply for part time roles
- EU settled status document will be required from those holding an EU passport
- Ability to work flexible working patterns as the role may include weekends
Interested? Ready to join us in our exiting new store?
To apply, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
For further information, please contact our HR team on tel 879822 or email us today.
A more rewarding job.
What our Mission, Vision and Values are, because principles are more valuable than profits.
We're a retail business dedicated to the principles of co-operative trade.
For us, belonging is everything. Whether that is belonging as a member, producer or shopper. Find out more.