07 June 2020
The Channel Islands Co-operative Society is growing and we want to enhance our internal support office teams.
We’re searching for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our governance department and to help us make a real difference to the communities we serve.
Based in Jersey or Guernsey, this role will be to support the chief governance officer and Society secretary in relation to the Society's corporate and governance matters.
Experience working in a trading business as opposed to a financial services or advisory environment would be ideal.
But this role would suit a graduate and chartered secretary ACIS or accountant ACCA with strong experience of corporate services and governance roles.
Job Purpose /
The individual will support the wider team in delivering a corporate and governance service. This will include:
- Maintaining statutory records for the Society and its subsidiary companies, and filing returns with the FCA, the JFSC and GFSC’s registries
- Building new corporate databases
- Preparing minutes of subsidiary companies’ boards, accurately and in a timely manner
- Preparing minutes of committee meetings, accurately and in a timely manner
- Assisting in the collation, production and distribution of board, committee and pension Trustees’ meeting packs in Board Intelligence or pdf bundles
- Participating in the production of the Society’s Annual Report & Accounts
- Assisting with the renewal of the Society’s insurance portfolio and building supporting databases
- Supporting the Chief Governance Officer & Society Secretary with the preparation for and conduct of the Society’s Annual Meeting of Members
Please refer to the full Job Description.
Experience / Key Skills
- Detailed knowledge of governance and corporate services
- Ability to communicate with external parties, the board and the executive committee members
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and colleagues within the organisation
- Ideally experience working in a trading business as opposed to a financial services or advisory environment, or a graduate and chartered secretary ACIS or accountant ACCA with strong experience on company secretarial roles
- Broad understanding of the business and the broader co-operative movement
- Strong level of business and financial acumen
- Strategic mind-set
- Ability to develop a risk management perspective with regards to areas of your responsibility
- Ability to analysis the internal and external environment for data and trends and action the information
Please note: This role requires the individual to have five years residency in Jersey Channel Islands, holding an Entitled to Work Registration Card or a valid Guernsey Channel Island Employment Permit Right to Work.
For a full job description click here
Further information, please contact our HR team on 879822 or to email please click here
If you wish to formally apply, send a copy of your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Belonging is Everything. And we think you belong.
Apply Now >