Senior Management Accountant | Co-operative House
We're looking for a Senior Management Accountant. Reporting the financial performance of the Society, ensuring the period end management accounts are accurate and produced within the reporting deadlines, assisting with the budget and financial forecast and providing business information as requested by line management and budget holders.
Key areas of the role are:
- To provide an accurate management accounting service to the Society with a particular emphasis on the Operational and Establishment Costs of the Society.
- Carry out the preparation and review of the Society’s management accounts in accordance with the accounting period schedule and related reports to assist and deputise for the Head of Management Accounts.
- Prepare and review management information tailored at appropriate levels throughout the Society, making optimum use of Information Technology, to enable management decisions to be taken with full knowledge of their potential financial opportunities and consequences.
- To manage and prioritise workloads to ensure that reporting deadlines are always met
- To fully understand the ‘story’ behind each location’s management accounts and facilitate meaningful discussion and decision-making during the period end accounts review sessions
- Provide assistance to colleagues in the preparation of Revenue budgets for the operations under their control and produce information as necessary to enable them to exercise tight control over operational costs and expenses in line with budget
Qualifications and Experience
- Has relevant professional qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience required to execute the role, newly qualified ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Broad understanding of the Coop locally and the broader co-operative movement
- Strong level of business and financial acumen
- Strategic mind-set
- Ability to develop a risk management perspective with regards to areas of your responsibility
- Ability to analysis the internal and external environment for data and trends and action the information
- Consults, collaborates and communicates effectively
- Has the ability to ensure that transactional aspects of the role are well executed and controlled in a fast-moving, changing working environment
We're looking for an individual who is ready to take on a new challenge, prepared to suggest and recommend new processes, and always on the search to improve and adapt our business practices. someone who is decisive confident with a can do attitude.
Please see job description for more information about the job.
Download a full job description here
Interested? Ready to join us?
To apply, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
Before applying, please note the following:
- EU Settled status is required for those holding an EU Passport
- Applicants with less than five years residential status may be considered for full time roles
For further information, please contact our HR team on tel 879822 or email us today.
A more rewarding job.