Senior Supervisor Brand New Store Phillips Street
We are looking for a Senior Supervisor to be part of our fantastic new team in our Brand new Store opening in November 2023
You will be an integral part in setting up the new store and the Team. Senior Supervisors contribute to the successful delivery of the Store business plan, you will ensure that your store is safe, secure and legal and compliant with all legal requirements. Ensuring that society policies and procedures are fully adhered to. You will lead, inspire and develop your team, making sure that each and every colleague feels valued. To maximise sales and profitability by providing excellent customer service through effective team leadership and that customers are at the heart of our decision making. You will support the store management team in the delivery of objectives, and be expected to open and close the premises and ensure the site is secure, as well as being part of the on call team.
Duties will include;
- Effectively grow profits
- Execution of the store business plan
- Effectively lead, engage and develop a team,
- Effectively develop and execute excellent customer service
- Delivery of the required standard in all areas of compliance and due diligence.
- Act generally at all times to protect and develop the image of the Society; develop and support community activities, charitable projects, environmental initiatives and local suppliers accordingly.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Broad understanding of the business and the broader co-operative movement,
- To be risk aware in the areas under your responsibility
- To be able to understand and communicate business reporting
- To be able to work in a team and communicate effectively,
- Level 3 ILM professional qualification or equivalent and/or 2+years relevant retail experience
- Technical skills specific to role Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of SMART goals and objectives
You should be flexible in order to meet the demands of our trading hours, which may include weekends, but what you give in enthusiasm we'll return to you in full with training and other benefits and rewards including; Starting salary of £15.23 +10% Sunday rate, staff discount, discretionary bonus, pension scheme, simply Health and a generous holiday allowance, as well as other discounts.
For further information, please contact our HR team on 879822 or email us today.
The Channel Islands Co-operative Society have something for everyone.
Discover the difference you can make in a career with us.
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button below.
A more rewarding job.
What our Mission, Vision and Values are, because principles are more valuable than profits.
We're a retail business dedicated to the principles of co-operative trade.
For us, belonging is everything. Whether that is belonging as a member, producer or shopper. Find out more.
Ready to make a real difference in a career with your Channel Islands Coop?