Supervisor - | Charing Cross
Do you want to be part of something different, unique, meaningful, giving you a real sense of purpose, pride and belonging, then come and join the Co-operative Society, were Co-operation, Openness, Passion, Empowerment and Recognition are our values and our People are at the heart of our stores.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Supervisor to join our busy central store at Charing Cross.
Supervisors play a key role in attaining the highest possible standards of customer service, merchandising and all shop floor duties to maximise sales while working within the Society’s mission, vision and values.
What will I do:
- Assisting customers with their enquiries
- Maintaining an uncluttered environment
- Replenishing stock
- Operating checkouts
- Supporting colleagues as part of a good team work ethic
- Contribute to the successful delivery of the Store business plan
- Ensure that your store is safe, secure and legal and compliant with all legal requirements
- Ensuring that society policies and procedures are fully adhered to
- Lead, inspire and develop your team, making sure that each and every colleague feels valued
- Maximise sales and profitability by providing excellent customer service through effective team leadership
- Ensure customers are at the heart of our decision making process
What do I need:
- Good written and verbal English
- Ability to deliver great customer service
- A can-do attitude and a great team player
- Ability to supervise others in your team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage your time and workload are essential
Previous experience is desired, however, it is not essential as full training will be provided.
In return we offer:
- £13.65ph + 10% Sunday Rate
- 10% staff discount across all food, non-food, online grocery, fuel and pharmacy
- Ad hoc staff double discount weekends throughout the year
- Secondary card holder
- Discretionary bonus
- Pension Scheme with Co-op contribution up to 10%
- 24-hr access to free health and wellbeing support
- Generous holiday allowance
- Personal development plan, coaching and mentoring
- A range of other discounts
The role can be at times physically challenging and will involve reaching, bending and lifting of stock and standing for long periods of time, and working weekends.
Discover the difference you can make in a career with us.
Interested? Ready to join us?
To apply, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
For further information, please contact our HR team on tel 879822 or email us today.
A more rewarding job.
What our Mission, Vision and Values are, because principles are more valuable than profits.
We're a retail business dedicated to the principles of co-operative trade.
For us, belonging is everything. Whether that is belonging as a member, producer or shopper. Find out more.