There are so many Memberships these days: clubs and gyms, restaurants and bars, cinema and entertainment, but what does it mean to be a member of a Co-op?
As we join in a two-week celebration with Co-ops across the nation and champion the Co-operative movement, now is a great time to get involved and #JoinYourCoop
Join our Club
A Co-operative business is quite different to any other organisation. That is because co-operatives are owned and controlled by their members or the people who work for them. So essentially, if you are a member, you own the business.
Just like many other memberships, there are many benefits of joining your Co-op. Here are five reasons why you might want to join:
- As a member you get a share of our profits through gaining a 4% dividend on qualifying purchases. You can withdraw this after our AMM each year, or you can leave it in your share account as savings (handy if you’re saving for that holiday or a new set of wheels).
- You get an extra 1% loyalty bonus on your shop every day of the week. That’s more money in your pocket.
- Every time you shop, you are helping to fund community projects or support environmental initiatives across our islands. How? We invest all our profits back into the community via our Community Fund and other charitable initiatives, or right back into the business.
- Shopping with us and being a member means you are supporting local growers, producers and suppliers, and our island’s economy.
- Being part of your Society means you are supporting our ethical buying practices. For example, we stock the most Fairtrade products in the Channel Islands, and all our own brand cosmetics and household products are cruelty free.
Ready to join us?
Our Members come from all walks of life from every part of our community. From customers to colleagues, suppliers to partners, teachers to students – membership is open to all. We only have three requirements:
- You are a resident in the Channel Islands
- You are over 16
- You have at least £1 to open share account with
That’s it. Easy as that. Within a few days, we will send to you details of your new account with us and you can start quoting your share number when you shop. Simple.
Once you’re a Member, you become part of something that can help make a real difference every day.
Now, that’s probably more than you would get with your online TV membership!