Giving back is at the heart of our values. We support various Channel Island charities and causes through our charity schemes and in-store charity events.
This page is all about our charity schemes and in-store events. If you are a charity or local organisation seeking a donation of raffle prizes, vouchers, goods, or financial support with an event or initiative please see our sponsorship page.
In-store charity events
At our Grand Marché stores, local charities can organise:
- Bag packs
- Charity collections
- Flag days
- Static displays
These events usually take place on Saturday (other days during the week available at store discretion) are a great way to raise awareness of your charity. They’re also a fun activity for your volunteers to take part in, and a brilliant way to raise money.
We have a limited number of spaces per month, so you’ll need to make sure you book in advance. For more information, see our in-store charity events FAQs and you can contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can apply to hold an in-store charity event using our online form below
Co-op charity schemes
Sorry, our schemes are now full for 2022.
But please do get in touch to be added to the 2023 waiting list via the form below.
Our charity schemes support Channel Island charities to raise much needed funds and awareness of their cause. We have two different schemes:
- Collection box rota
- Charity Donated Goods Basket (Jersey only)
Please see below for more information about each of our charity schemes, and apply via our online form.
We encourage charities to participate in one of the above schemes at a time. You can contact us via email at: email@example.com
Collection box rota
Charities and organisations have the opportunity to fundraise by leaving collection tins in our stores.
Our collection boxes scheme allows up to 12 different charities per year to benefit from having collection tins in our stores.
Three charities take part on a quarterly basis, rotating between ‘groups’ or ‘clusters’ of Co-op stores. This allows more charities to fundraise across more of our locations and for longer periods.
Charities can have one collection boxes scheme booking per year, and we allocate where and when each charity’s collection tins are to be placed. Charities can only book into our allocated time slots and bookings cannot over run into another time slot.
When we confirm your booking we will let you know:
- Times and dates of the scheme
- How many collection boxes you can have in each of the Society stores you’re booked into
- The monthly rotation schedule for your collection boxes
Please note: It is the responsibility of the charity to ensure that their collection tin is in the right store and removed at the end of each rotation.
Donated Goods basket (Jersey only)
Our Donated Goods Basket scheme allows customers and members of our Grand Marché stores to donate items of their shopping to a collection basket for your charity.
We are more than happy to welcome applications from any local charity or organisation to be on this scheme for one month.
For times when the donated goods basket scheme is not allocated to a particular charity, the boxes will default to providing donations to:
Grand Marché St Helier: Shelter Trust
Grand Marché St Peter: Grace Trust
We will create a sign to display on the basket to let customers know which charity they are donating to and how the goods will help.
Other things to know about our charity schemes
- Please note that all requests should be sent to us a minimum of two weeks prior to the proposed date.
- All of our schemes are hugely popular and therefore, in the interests of fairness, charities are randomly selected to be on the scheme.
- If you do not receive a reply from our Community team confirming your space on our scheme, then sadly you have not been successful on this occasion. We receive a large number of requests every year, throughout the year for our schemes. Therefore it is with regret that we cannot always guarantee a reply to each and every request.
- The Channel Islands Co-operative Society reserves the right to withdraw your fundraising event request should you be unable to provide proof of official authorisation from the registered charity/organisation.
- You can contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org