Benefits of being a member
There are so many benefits to becoming a Member of the Channel Islands Co-operative Society.
If you are over 16 years of age and resident in the Channel Islands, by investing £1 in a share of your Co-operative, you can become a Member and save as you spend with dividend!
As a member you can:
- save as you spend with dividend every day with an additional double dividend on Tuesdays and Wednesdays in our Grand Marché and Locale stores
- hand in your completed stamp cards in December and get an additional 5%
- save for Christmas using the Society Christmas Club Saving Stamps
- have a say on how your Society is run at our Annual Meeting of Members (AMM)
- become a director of the board
Not only that, but you will also be part of a business which in 2017:
- paid over £7 million pounds to members in dividend
- donated approximately £250,000 to over 500 charities, schools and community causes
- spent over £11 million pounds with over 40 local suppliers that we’re proud to be in partnership with
Once you’ve joined, we’ll send you your membership pack (allow up to two weeks from us receiving your application) and after six months of provisional membership (where you will still be earning dividend on your purchases), you will become a full member of the Society and entitled to all of the benefits available.
Individual or joint membership
Whenever you shop at one of our stores, simply provide your share number when you pay and dividend will automatically be applied to your account.
It’s that simple!
Opening a share account is a great way to receive donations for your charity.
Once your account is opened, we’ll issue you with a share number which your supporters simply quote at the till to donate their dividend to you.
Ready to apply?
Just hand your completed form and your deposit of £1 either to a colleague in-store or post it to:
Jersey Office Address: The Channel Islands Co-operative Society, Co-operative House, 57 Don Street, St Helier, Jersey, JE2 4TR.
Guernsey Office Address: The Channel Islands Co-operative Society, Bouet, St. Peter Port, Guernsey GY1 2BA.
In order to meet regulatory requirements that are in force in the Channel Islands, we need certain information from you before you can make any transactions on your account.
This is in the form of photographic ID, proof of address and a contact number.
Photographic ID can be:
- current passport
- national identity card
- full driving licence, provided it is of a type that carries a photograph of the holder
- armed forces identity card
- birth certificate
Proof of address can be:
- recent household or utility bill
- an original of a recent letter from an employer on headed paper
- an original of a recent official letter from a States’ department or parochial authority, eg a letter from the Tax Office
- recent bank or credit card statement