Coop Italian pasta 500g
Co-op sliced chorizo 70g
1 white onion
Co-op red peppers
2 clove garlic
1. Fry sliced onions and peppers in oil for 8-10 minutes until starting to colour.
2. Add garlic and fry for one minute.
3. Add chorizo, sliced long into strips.
4. Season with salt and pepper and any herbs you may have available.
5. Add pasta and, if available, chicken stock. Simmer for 10 minutes
6. Meanwhile cook the pasta according to pack instructions in salted boiling water.
7. When cooked, add penne into the sauce, then mix and serve.
Recipe by Bernie Donnelly, senior sous chef at the Pomme D'or Hotel, as featured in the Jersey Evening Post, Family Meals for a Fiver series, 11 February 2023