This Christmas, you can help make a real difference in your local community
We need your help to spread the festive community spirit far and wide to those in need this Christmas.
Whether you donate an item or two to our food donation boxes this season, or pick up a gift tag from our Christmas Wish Tree, you can be part of the magic.
Food donation Scheme
As we shop for our Christmas essentials and treats, if you are able to, why not pick up an extra item or two and help make someone else's Christmas a little brighter too.
We know that these are challenging times for many of us, but none more so than for those needing that extra little bit of help and support from our local charities this season.
Whether you are able to give a little, or a lot, your donation of food will be helping islanders right here in our community this Christmastime.
Your donations will be supporting these worthwhile local causes in our community:
- Grace Trust
- Jersey Shelter Trust
- Jersey Women's Refuge
- JAYF (Jersey Association for Youth and Friendship)
On behalf of these brilliant community charities, we would like to thank you - our members and customers, for all your help and support.
How to take part
- Look out for our special food donation signage in our Grand Marché stores
- Purchase any of the suggested items when you are shopping with us
- Drop them into our usual food donation boxes, located on the way out of the store
- We’ll make sure the items reach the charity throughout December
- Why not encourage your family and friends to join in too?
Christmas Wish Tree
Help make a wish come true for someone this Christmas.
Our magical and ever-popular Christmas Wish Tree is back. Once again, it is filled with the wishes of islanders who have had a difficult year or will find themselves alone this festive season.
We’ve reached out to our friends at Jersey’s mental health service, and Jersey Association for Youth and Friendship to gather the wishes of islanders in their care. We’ve placed each wish on gift tags on our tree in Grand Marché St Helier.
How to get involved:
- Pick a tag from our tree which will be arriving in store soon
- Purchase the gift shown, up to the suggested value of £25
- Gift wrap it and attach the wish tag onto the outside of the present
- Return it to Grand Marché St Helier by Saturday 10 December
You will be helping make Christmas a little brighter for less privileged islanders this year.
Find out more about the people the wish tree is helping this year:
- JAYF: providing safe and homely accommodation to young people aged between 18 and 25 years who might otherwise be homeless.
- St Saviour’s Hospital wards: gifts will go to islanders living with dementia or mental health conditions on residential wards.
Jersey Shelter Trust’s Soup Kitchen
We’re proud to once again support Jersey Shelter Trust’s Soup Kitchen on Tuesday 13 December, between 8am-2pm.
This well-loved, annual fundraising event has always been a popular favourite, drawing in the crowds for the perfect winter warmer. We’re delighted to be involved and sending a group of enthusiastic Co-op volunteers along to help.
Our colleagues will be busy preparing bread (donated by us) and stirring and serving some of the 20 soups on offer. So pop down, grab yourself a cup of warming soup and say ‘hi’ to all the volunteers whilst supporting this amazing local charity.
Community is not just for Christmas
We are here for our community every day of the year.
If you are a charity or community group, you can get involved with your Society in fundraising, selling raffle tickets, raising awareness or more.
Browse our community pages for more information, or get in touch with us at email@example.com