Our vision is to make a real difference to the communities we serve, so community is at the heart of everything we do together with our members.
How we help charities and community causes
Giving back is at the heart of our values. We support various worthy causes through:
- donating to projects which support our local communities and environment through our Community Fund
- hosting bag packing and charity events in our stores
- supporting charities through our collection boxes and food donation box schemes
- supporting local groups with fundraising prizes and small sponsorship
- providing corporate sponsorship to events and organisations
- our colleagues working throughout the year to raise money for various local organisations and initiatives
- giving discounts each year to support the Jersey's elderly community through David Kirsch's voucher initiative.
As well as putting the local community at our heart, our business focuses on environmental responsibility, animal welfare, ethical trading, and choosing Fairtrade when we buy from producers in the developing world.
- Co-op Community Fund >
- Charities >
- Sponsorship >
- Autism Jersey blue ribbons >
- Charity and Community Group share numbers >
- Sustainability Survey >
- Easy Food Compost >
- Become a Fairtrade workplace >
Our community pillars
We aim to put our local co-operative at the heart of the community by following our three community pillars.
We create society links with the community by:
- making more communities accessible
- championing community initiatives in-store
- make it easy for our members to donate to community initiatives
We champion key community topics like:
- the islands aging population
- the health and wellbeing of islanders
- local social inclusion
- the impact on our next generation
We promote the Co-op way by:
Apply for a grant from our new Community Fund today.
Read the latest stories about the work we're doing with our local communities.
Learn about and apply to take part in fundraising opportunities and charity schemes at your Co-op.
We support local organisations and groups, large and small, through donations and corporate sponsorship.
If you're a member, you can support while shopping - just quote the share number of the charity or community group.
We’ve been making a real difference in the Channel Islands for over 100 years
Find out more about Quiet Hour, happening every Monday in your nearest Grand Marché
Offering islanders a discreet sign to let us know they may need additional support while shopping.
We’re introducing a plastic free trial in our Grand Marchés.